Wednesday 8 August 2012

Day 13 - Come with me if you want to live.

August 8th


Don't worry, it'll buff out.

Godspeed you magnificent bastard (Redux).


I mentioned yesterday that I'd gotten a new laptop and asked that we mourn the passing of the old. I clearly spoke too soon as the new HP machine  basically crapped it's hard drive out of itself this morning (I reckon it lasted about 18 hours total), and I'm writing this on the old, faithful, beautiful, glorious and apparently indestructible Toshiba machine. This bit of kit has had more bad things happen to it than the Top Gear Toyota Hilux and yet it still just keeps coming -unbelievably- to life just when I need it. There are 2 conclusions I've drawn from this:

1) My Toshiba is essentially Wolverine.

2) I clearly emit some sort of radiation field that shafts hard-drives without me even noticing it. It is a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest but come the inevitable robot apocalypse then I'll basically be John Connor. You're welcome.

Extra Free Bonus Weightlifting numbers


As a person dedicated to giving everyone what they didn't know they wanted even after they received it I added up all of the weightlifting numbers today. Any successful lift in any weight class counted. Trust me here, there were a lot of lifts.

If we add up every single cleanly lifted weight we get 118,354kg. I know it's hard to picture that but once again the new Routemaster comes to our rescue. Each of those things comes in at 12.65 tons and between them the men and women at this Olympics lifted just over 9.3 of the damn things.

That is without passengers mind.

Numbers


We're still short of breaking 10 million metres and getting to the (to me at least) important benchmark of 10 significant digits but we plod on nonetheless.

Today we added...

Swimming: 0m
Running: 304,030m
Jumping: 1,225.26m
Throwing: 14,045.91m

Daily total: 319,301.17m

Which gives us an overall of...

Swimming: 575,500m
Running: 8,572,445m
Jumping: 6,347.72m
Throwing: 47,951.79m

Total total: 9,202,244.51m

We're entering the final straight now but we won't stop 'til we've counted everything. See you tomorrow.

R

You can follow me on Twitter at @Le_Paien_Roux




No comments:

Post a Comment