Thursday 9 August 2012

Day 14 - Bolt the door. (Am I doing this right?)

August 9th


And cue a thousand headlines making a play on words based on lightning.

I'm not claiming to be above it though.

I'm not really here to talk about the sport aspect of the Olympics, there are many others out there more qualified then me to do this but HOLY SHIT is he ever incredible. I remember becoming aware of him just before Beijing and starting to care about sprinting for the first time since Ben Johnson broke my 9 year old heart. I definitely remember 2008 and how he essentially re-wrote how fast a person could go. I also remember Berlin 2009 where he decided to edit the narrative by himself and just make everything ridiculous.

I could check but I'm a bit pushed for time so I'll go right ahead and assume that this is unprecedented and thank Usain  for shocking me to my core with how fast a man can go. Let's see you take a crack at the Long Jump in Rio eh?

Harder now that's it's over.


I mean it's not really over but it is pretty much finished and we're all starting to wind down and hope we still respect ourselves in the morning. Some are hoping that there aren't too many photos of them with a Union Flag face-painted on them while they cry appearing on Facebook over the next few days.

Me I'm anxious to get over the 10 million metre mark but trust me, we have no worries on that score. The last few days include some really big numbers that will get us over that mark. Exactly how far past is anyone's guess as we talk but we'll find out together.

Numbers


Swimming: 220,000m
Running: 94,370m
Jumping: 1,126.98m
Throwing: 8620.02m

Todays Total: 324,117m

Which leaves us at

Swimming: 795,500m
Running: 8,666,815m
Jumping: 7,474.70m
Throwing: 56,571.81m

Total Total: 9,526,361.51m

We're so close I can smell it, See you tomorrow when hopefully we get to taste it.

R

You can follow me on Twitter at @Le_Paien_Roux

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh Yes I can feel the milestone what about the Para's bring them on

    ReplyDelete